- Contest Statement -
2018 is a special year for Lithuania as this year the country celebrates its 100th anniversary of the restoration of independence. A hundred years ago we became independent. We have enjoyed human rights and freedoms for a hundred years. We have been choosing what we consider to be right and feel responsible for our own choice. In other words, we live like free people. We can travel in any direction and return to Lithuania, although Lithuania belonged to another state not so long ago. The iron curtain was an almost impossible obstacle for us. All our dreams to see another, free world rebounded from it. To survive today‘s day, we had to overcome a number of ideological and bureaucratic barriers. To return home, we had to shake out our suitcases during customs checks. But now, at the airport, we are quietly passing through the gate named “Nothing to declare”. We have nothing to hide, we have nothing to declare. We can only declare our freedom, and we are grateful for this opportunity to the signatories who signed the Declaration of Independence a hundred years ago.
The jewelry art competition “Nothing to declare” invites artists to announce their freedom in the language of jewelry, to say loudly that we have nothing to declare or hide. On the other hand, we can declare our freedom, freedom to travel and stay in our homeland, freedom of thought and freedom to disagree with others, freedom of being ourselves, freedom of being an artist and freedom from the idea of Independence. Because we have gained such a right. “Nothing to declare” means justice and the possibility of passing through any inspectors with no fear (it is not by accident that we can also see the representative of the Customs of RL among the members of jury), but above all, the whole set of possibilities. We offer the opportunity to present this by using the metal art. Amber in the contest is a welcome but not obligatory material.
The winners of the Art Jewelry Contest will be chosen during XXV International Baltic Amber and Jewelry fair "Amber Trip 2018" which will take place 14-17 March.
Award in the category of amber works
Award in the category of objects
Award in the category of jewelry
Award of the RL Customs representative
Award of the audience
The Jury of this year:
Laima Keriene (LT)
Jurgita Grajauskaite (LT)
Giedymin Jablonski (PL)
Arvids Endzins (LV)
Tanel Veenre (EE)
Anna Ratnikova (RU)
Sergiusz Kuchczynski (PL)
The steps to participate are:
1.Fill an application form
2. Send the application via e-mail to email@example.com
3.Send the work with the printed application to “Amber Trip” Office by address Manufaktūrų g. 16-
7, LT-11342 Vilnius, Lithuania. The deadline is MARCH 1ST.
4. There is no application fee, however, the participants have to pay the shipping costs to receive the work back after the contest.
5. On March 14-17th, during the XV International Baltic Amber and Jewelry show “Amber Trip” the international artist jury will announce the winners of the categories:
*Award in the category of amber works
*Award in the category of objects
*Award in the category of jewelry
*Award of the RL Customs representative
*Public choice award
6. The winners will receive an interview in the international “Baltic Jewelry News” magazine, the Grand Prix winner will also receive a space to present himself/herself in the “Amber Trip” jewelry fair next year.
7. After the art jewelry contest works of participants will be travelling in different jewelry fairs in Europe, including Legnica Art Jewelry Festival, and different exhibitions in Lithuania as well. Also they will be shared on “Amber Trip” and Baltic Jewelry News social media.